How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Worship
Scripture: Psalm 29:2–29:2
The Spiritual Discipline of Fellowship.
Fellowship: An inward, outward, and corporate discipline of engagement where we set our heart's affection and our mind's attention intentionally on the person and character of God adn rightfully respond, as we are, in private, family, and corporate settings.
Sermon text: Psalm 29:2,
Other Scripture References: Hebrews 13:15, Hebrews 1-:24-25, Acts 2:42-43, Colossians 3:14-17, John 14:31a
The disciplines do not save or transform, only Jesus does that but they are guides:
- They Guide us to deeper Intimacy With God
- They guide us to grow in Christ-likeness
- They guide us to Greater Victory and Freedom from Sin
Some disciplines are pursued by Abstaining or pulling away from certain things while others are pushed by engaging certain actions and behaviors.
- Inward disciplines: Individual pursuits primarily oriented toward personal attitude change and developing the inward reality of a transformed person.
- Outward Disciplines: Individual pursuit primarily oriented toward personal behavioral change resulting in an outward lifestyle that reveals the manner of the Messiah to the world around
- Corporate or Communal Disciplines: Individual pursuit expressed and experienced as part of the Body of Christ
List of Resources
More in Spiritual Disciplines
July 7, 2019How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Fellowship
June 30, 2019How Then Should We Live?- The Spiritual Discipline of Confession
May 5, 2019How Should We Then Live?- The Spiritual Discipline of Study