How Then Should We Live?- The Spiritual Discipline of Confession
Scripture: 1 John 1:5–1:10
The Spiritual Discipline of Confession.
Confession: A corporate discipline of engagement where we bring our sin and unbelief into the light of God's Truth adn love resulting in engaging and being engaged by God adn others in teh most profound depths of the soul.
Sermon text: 1 John 1:5-10
The disciplines do not save or transform, only Jesus does that but they are guides:
- They Guide us to deeper Intimacy With God
- They guide us to grow in Christ-likeness
- They guide us to Greater Victory and Freedom from Sin
Some disciplines are pursued by Abstaining or pulling away from certain things while others are pushed by engaging certain actions and behaviors.
- Inward disciplines: Individual pursuits primarily oriented toward personal attitude change and developing the inward reality of a transformed person.
- Outward Disciplines: Individual pursuit primarily oriented toward personal behavioral change resulting in an outward lifestyle that reveals the manner of the Messiah to the world around
- Corporate or Communal Disciplines: Individual pursuit expressed and experienced as part of the Body of Christ
List of Resources
More in Spiritual Disciplines
July 14, 2019How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Worship
July 7, 2019How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Fellowship
May 5, 2019How Should We Then Live?- The Spiritual Discipline of Study