We study Scripture to know God, not just know about Him. God is a loving Father who has given His Word for His glory and our good. We challenge everyone to be in the Word everyday and read it relationally. Here are some resources to help guide or enhance your study of the Word.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 2 Timonthy 2:16-17
Prayer & Fasting Resources
Fasting is an inward discipline of abstinence where we practice voluntary denial of an otherwise normal function for the sake of casting our mind's attention and heart's affection on God.
The heart behind it
• Jesus himself fasted as a means of connecting deeper with God
• Focused, undistracted time in prayer that can lead to clarity and God's guidance
• Dependency and draw our hearts closer to God
• Deepens our delight and joy in God over the things of this world
• Removes distractions & reveal the state of our heart, sin, & idols
• Choose a time, as a community we will fast on Tuesdays.
• Choose what you're fasting from
• Scripture primarily refers to fasting from food but can also be social media, entertainment, food group, caffeine, skipping one meal, etc
• NOT recommended for those with health conditions or struggled with eating disorders
• During you meal time, spend that time in the Presence of God, in worship, prayer, and Scriptures
• Any time hunger cues or a desires comes up, stop, pause, and pray/ listen to God. Confess your need for Him and satisfaction in Christ.
• Heath Haynes: How Should We Live? The Spiritual Discipline of Prayer. Link
• Louie Giglio: The Piñata and the Iceberg. Link
• Annie F Downs: That Sounds Fun Podcast: Q&A Faith and Fasting. Link
• John Marc Comer: Fasting & Prayer Sermon. Link
• The Bridge HTX: How Shoud We Live? Spiritual Sermon Series. Link
• Fasting as a Spiritual Discipline- Focus on the Family. Link
• What is the Purpose of Fasting?- Desiring God. Link
• The Heart of Christian Fasting: Fasting in the Old Testament. Don Green. LINK
• Fasting from a Biblical Perspective. Link
• Prayer by Tim Keller. Link
• The Dwell App. Link
Prayer Walk Guide HERE
Other Free Online Bible Study Resources
Right Now Media- A collection of video bible studies, conferences, and kids videos. Our FREE gift to you. Click HERE to sign up.
These are great resources to help you dig deeper.
- Faithlife Study Bible - Another great online bible resource. Probably the best free online personal study Bible you can find.
- ESV Online - Simple and clean ESV online Bible. (ESV is the translatoin we use for curriculum and in our services on Sunday)
- Youversion - Great bible app with many translations as well as online. able to create collaborative groups and save highlights and notes.
- Bible Gateway - Online bible with many versions as well as some study and devotional resources.
Topical Study & Questions
Deeper Study/ Commentary
- Blue Letter Bible Study Resources - Many great free resources for deeper study.
- Look at the Book - 8-12 minute videos of visual study through specific scriptures produced by John Piper and Desiring God. Designed to not only teach the Word itself but to teach all effective self study of Scripture.
- Bible Project- illustrated videos over each book of the Bible, and different biblical themes