Community is not a Commodity- 1 Corinthians 12:12-26
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:12–12:26
Starting March 15th, The Bridge Montrose transitioned to House Churches and online teaching because of the CDC and public health officials recommendations due to COVID-19. These videos teachings are meant to be a primer to launch discussion with others.
Watch this video then answer the following questions in a small group, one other person or journal your answers (and share them with someone).
Questions for after the teaching.
- What resonated with you from the teaching?
- Possible Follow-Up Questions:
- Looking at your past behavior and present mentality, would you say you view community as a commodity to be consumed or an interconnectivity you were created for?
- What Is community?
- How do you tend to overvalue independence?
- How do you tend to undervalue others?
- Can you think of a time when you felt highly valued in community? What effect did that experience have on you?
- How does your view of community align with Jesus’s?
- What is one opportunity you have to step into the kind of community Jesus united us into?
- What is a question you could ask or story you could share to start a conversation with a friend about God’s design for community?