How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Fasting
The spiritual discipline of fasting.
Fasting is an inward discpline of abstinence where we practice voluntary denial of an otherwise normal function for the sake of casting our mind's attention and heart's affection on God.
Scripture References: Galatians 5:1, Matthew 6:16-18, Acts 13:2, Acts 14:23, Matthew 4:4, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Hebrews 12:1-2,
Questions for further study
- Have you ever fasted anything before? Was it for spiritual reasons? What was your experience?
- - After hearing this message, are there any ways you will approach fasting differently? If so, how?
- Do you agree with the premise that “Fasting is Feasting!”? Why or why not.
- Read Isaiah 58:3-7 to see a contrast of a fast that pleases God and one that does not.
- In what way can you step into the opportunity of fasting in a deeper way this week?
List of Resources
More in Spiritual Disciplines
July 14, 2019How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Worship
July 7, 2019How Then Should We Live- The Spiritual Discipline of Fellowship
June 30, 2019How Then Should We Live?- The Spiritual Discipline of Confession