Sovereignty Of God- Creation
Passage: 1 Chronicles 29:11–29:13
Starting March 15th, The Bridge Montrose transitioned to House Churches and online teaching because of the CDC and public health officials recommendations due to COVID-19. These videos teachings are meant to be a primer to launch discussion with others.
This three part series is over the Sovereignty of God that is presented in 1 Chronicles 29:11-13. This week we see God's sovereignty over creation.
Knowing and trusting God's Sovereign providence over all creation is the starting point of our peace and courage in this present moment and any moment to come.
Watch this video then answer the following questions in a small group, one other person or journal your answers (and share them with someone).
Discussion Guide (with scripture) available HERE
- What impacted, encouraged, or challenged your view of God from the teaching?
- Possible Follow-Up Questions:
- Is sovereignty ever a bad thing?
- In what ways can we know the character of God?
- How has God proven that He is good to you/to the world?
- Personal Experiences?
- Testimony of the Word? Use http://www.openbible.info/topics/ and search, “Goodness of God”, “Love of God”, etc…
- Have you ever experienced “running out of words” to describe God?
- Is it comforting to you to think of God as far above/beyond all that we can comprehend or imagine? Why/why not?
- How does God being Sovereign over all the cosmos and creation change the way you approach your life this week?
- What is a question you could ask or story you could share to help a friend or family member consider the implications of God being Sovereign over all things?