January 21, 2018
Your Work is to Believe- Romans 4: 1-8
Sermon Text: Romans 4: 1-8
To listen to previous sermons over the book of Romans click HERE
Link to Study Resources Click HERE
Link to scripture text study Guide HERE
Questions for further Study and Reflection
- Have you ever had something challenged that you held strongly to be true? How did you respond?
- As you read and reflect on these verses, think about how the Jewish people felt having their entire history and tradition as they understood it challenged.
- If you believe that Jesus is your Savior, how would you summarize what it takes to be saved? (Why you need a savior, how you are saved, and what the result is)
- Is the Truth of our justification being in the work of Christ instead of your work challenging to you, comforting to you, or a combination of both? Why?
- Justification is a judicial term. Place yourself in the courtroom in the case determining you sentence. Who/what is the dependent? Who/what is the plaintiff? Who/what is the lawyer/advocate? Who/what is the judge? Who/what is the jury?
- What does these verses teach about the Character/person of God?
- What do these verses teach you about yourself/mankind?
- In what ways do you need to respond in obedience to the teaching in these verses?
- Do you know anyone that needs to hear what you have learned?
other sermons in this series