Let Us Pray- James 5:13-18
Scripture: James 5:13–5:18
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Sermon Text: James 5:13-18
Broader Context: James 1-5
Link to James Study Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for further study:
- There is a greater point in verses 13-15 that just giving you a list of categories in which you should pray. What do you see the connecting theme of these verses?
- When these verses (14 & 16) refer to the sick, are they referencing the physically sick or the more general, spiritually sick?
- In verse 16, what makes the "the righteous person," righteous?
- Verses 17 & 18 give an example of the power of a righteous person's prayer in Elijah's prayers to stop and start rain (1 Kings 17 &18). What is the main point James is making in these two verses?
- What made Elijiah prayer effective? What makes your prayers effective?
- Why do you pray?
- Would you say your prayers align with the posture of God?
- What does this passage teach you about God?
- What does this passage teach you about yourself/mankind?
- How does this passage teach the Gospel/point to Jesus?
- What step of obedience do you need to take today for your life to reflect these Truths?