Who are you to judge? James 4:11-12
Passage: James 4:11–4:12
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Rodney Henckel, an elder at Grace Bible Church (our sending church), taught this week.
Sermon Text: James 4:11-12
Broader Context: James 4:1-12
Link to James Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Quesions for further study:
- What is so bad about judging others and why are we so prone towards it?
- Does this mean that we should not reach out to another believer when they are stuck in sin?
- What is the connection between judging a brother and judging the law?
- How does this text continue last weeks theme of submitting ourselves humbly before God? (Vs 6 and 10)
- What does vs 12 say about the nature of God and the nature of man?
- Take a look at the lie that Satan sells to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:5, how does this shed light on the sin of judgement and our need to submit to God?
- How does this passage point towards our need for Jesus and the Gospel?