What tempts you? James 1: 12-18
Passage: James 1:12–1:18
As we study the book of James, we will see how faith and works are inseparable in our living out the life in Jesus Christ.
Sermon Text: James 1:12-18
Broader Context: James 1:2-18; 4:13-17; 5:1-6
Link to James Resources HERE
Link to Personal Study Guide HERE
Questions for Further Reflection
- How is verse 12 the same or different from verse 2-4?
- What is your reaction to verse 13-15?
- How do you think the people around you in the world respond to verses 16-18?
- How would you try to walk this person through the promising Truth of God in response to this?
- Read 16-18. How to these verses help you in how you understand verses 13-15?
- How do these verses (vs. 16-18) help you understand to communicate to those that do not believe that God is real, God is good, and God is worthy of our lives being surrendered to him?
- Are verses 17-18 a comfort to you? Why or why no?
- How can we help each other see 17-18 as our ultimate comfort?
- What do these verses teach us about God?
- What do these verses teach us about us/mankind?
- How do these verses teach us the Gospel/point to Jesus?