Jonah Chapter 2
Scripture: Jonah 2:1–10
Jonah wasn't the best prophet but we can learn a lot about God and ourselves by looking at this story.
Sermon Text: Jonah 2:1-10
Greater Context Text: Jonah Chapters 1-4
Questions for Further Reflection and Study
1) How long do you think Jonah was in the belly of the fish before he prayed this prayer? (purely conjecture)
2) Would you say it is a safe bet to say that Jonah has hit rock bottom here?
3) Can you think of a time in your life that you have felt this desperate?
4) How did you handle it?
5) Do you agree with the statement that all of our problems (not just difficulties) come from our not believing the Truth of God (The Gospel of Jesus)?
6) Look at verse 9. Jonah says he is thankful and will worship God. At this point, Jonah would have no idea where he was (in the water) nor whether or not he would be released from the belly of the fish. - How would you respond in this situation? Is your worship of God contingent on your circumstances or do you worship Him because He is God and He is worthy?