Foundations - Response and Eternal Destiny - Statement of Faith Article 10
Passage: Acts 17:22–17:24
We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.
Statement of Faith about Response and Eternal Destiny linked HERE
Full Statement of Faith linked HERE
4 Points to Paul's Message
1) God is the Creator of all things.
2) God is the Sustainer of all things.
3) God is the Ordainer of all things.
4) We must seek Him.
Conclusion: We must repent for our unbelief.
Questions for Further Reflection and Study
1) Why is it that God can't just let everyone into heaven?
2) Can God be kind/good/loving and declare that those who do not believe in Jesus as Savior experience eternal death?
3) What makes a judge a good judge? What must that judge do to the guilty and to the innocent?
4) What is the only possible way for you and I to be called innocent?
More in Foundations - Summer Series
September 4, 2016Foundations - Christ's Return - Statement of Faith Article 9
August 28, 2016Foundations - Christian Living - Statement of Faith Article 8
August 21, 2016Foundations - The Church - Statement of Faith Article 7