Matthew 28:18-20 - Vision, Core Values, and Mission Statement
Passage: Matthew 28:18–28:20
You can do the right things for the wrong reasons and then they become the wrong things. Why we do what we do matters. We must always start with why we do what we do and then let that inform how we do what we do. We will look at the Why, How, and What we feel God has compelled us to as a church in this place and time as The Bridge Montrose. In short, this is a Vision/Mission Recap.
Open Transformation Group Study Template Info:
- Sermon Text - Matthew 28:18-20
- Sermon Text Greater Context - See below
- Together in Community - Acts 2:42-46, John 13:34-35, Romans 12:4-8, 1 Thessalonians 2:8 2.
- Missional to the Community • Matthew 5:13-16, Jeremiah 29:7, Ezekiel 3:18, John 1:14, John 15:15, John 17:17-23 (1-26), Acts 2:47 3.
- Submit to full Biblical authority • Ezekiel 3;18, Psalm 1:2-3, Psalm 19:7-11, Matthew 5:17-20, John 1:1-5, John 5:39-40, Colossians 1:9-10, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 4.
- Live in full Biblical freedom • John 8:31, John 8:34-36, Romans 8:1-11, 2 Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:1, 1 Peter 2:16-17
- Multiply in every way (Disciples and Churches) • Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Corinthians 14:12, 2 Timothy 2:2
- Main Idea - We are to love God and love people. We live to glorify God and participate in His redemptive work.
- We commit to a journey of transformation together toward Jesus for the glory of God.